Terms & conditions
The responsibility for the content of these web pages lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union.
The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
The terms "REPLACE2" or “REPLACEFGM2” or “REPLACE II” or "us" or "we" or “our” refers to Coventry University who is the owner of the ReplaceFGM2 website (“website”). Our office is the Coventry University, Coventry, CV1 5FB, United Kingdom. The term "you" refers to the user of our website. The term “terms” is includes conditions. Our website is hosted by KAJ ISIS Ltd.
if you use or enter our website
1. These terms apply to the entire content of our website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use our website. We may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms. Your continued use of our website indicates your agreement to such revised terms.
our content and copyright
2. Unless we tell you otherwise, our website and its contents are our property or licenced to us. The copyright in the content contained on our website belongs to us or our licensors. The trademarks, including our Logo, appearing on our website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.You may not distribute or reproduce the content of our website without our prior written agreement. For requests to use or reproduce any of the contents of our website please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Pleased do not use this site if you are in any country that prohibits the use of such sites.
5. If you submit content other than our material and information to our website you are solely responsible for that content and for any claims relating to that content, whether made against us or otherwise. Whilst we do not monitor or generally exercise editorial control over any content posted to our website by you or other users, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to remove any content which we have been notified is objectionable, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by you or other users which we deem defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the fullest extent permitted in law, we accept no responsibility or liability for any content communicated by you or third parties via the website.
giving us permission to use material or information that you submit
6. By submitting any content to our website, you are granting to us an irrevocable, free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such content for any purpose and confirming that you able to grant that licence. We will anonymise any chat room content.
things you must not do
7. Subject to the terms, you are authorised to make use of our website (and of any chat rooms and interactive facilities which are available through it) for any lawful purposes. The following is a non-exclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
7.1 using our website to commit or encourage unlawful acts, including unlawful copying of copyright material (please refer to paragraph 2 above);
7.2 misrepresenting your identity or authority (you may use a nick name or assumed name for legitimate chat room use);
7.3 distributing any type of virus, spyware, malware or other device intended to cause nuisance, loss or corruption of any information on our website or accessed through it, or of any systems used to operate our website or any systems accessed through it;
7.4 tampering with communications which are not the user's, or making any unauthorised alteration to any information on our website;
7.5 accessing or attempting to access other parties' user accounts;
7.6 hacking or attempting to hack any part of our website, or any system used to run it, or any system accessed through our website;
7.7 disrupting the flow of communications in interactive areas;
7.8 storing personal data derived from our website;
7.9 downloading, otherwise reproducing or otherwise using information about others from chat rooms.
7.10 posting material which: i. infringes intellectual property rights;
ii. defames or threatens other people or organisations;
iii. is offensive, obscene or hateful, or which other users of our website are likely to consider offensive, obscene or hateful.
7.11 Sharing your password or login with anyone else.
breach of our terms by you
8. You agree to indemnify us against all liability and claims arising in any way from any breach of the prohibitions set out in paragraph 7, or any other breach the terms or any breach of any law in connection with your use of our website.
additional rules for Coventry University staff and students
9. Use of our website by our staff or students is also subject to our internal University Rules for Computer Use. Use of our website by our staff or students will also be subject to the rules and provisions set out in our applicable internal University Disciplinary Procedure and Codes of Discipline.
additional right to remove material and restrict access
10. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to remove, or disable access to, any content which we deem to be potentially objectionable to or defamatory of any person, unlawful, threatening or in violation of any third-party rights or otherwise breaches the terms.
linking to our website
11. You may link to material on our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Deep linking and framing are not permitted. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
12. Every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website. We regularly review the content of the site which is subject to change from time to time. However, we make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, suitability, or timeliness of the content of our website. It is your responsibility to verify the accuracy of all relevant facts before taking action based upon them. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not, nor shall any of our officers or staff, be liable for any loss, additional costs, legal costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of any use of our website or its content. Nothing in these terms will limit our liability or that of any of our officers or staff for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or limit non-excludable statutory rights granted by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
13. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any content published (including opinions), displayed or submitted to our website by any third party and to the fullest extent permitted in law, we expressly exclude liability for any loss, additional costs, legal costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of the use or the communication through our website of such material.
14. Unless they are contained in our content, or unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on our website are those of the individuals making them, and not ours and the disclaimers contained in the terms (including those in paragraph 5 Chat Rooms) apply.
15. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses, spyware, malware and any other device. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall not nor shall any of our officers or staff be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage resulting from any virus, spyware, malware or and other devices above contained in any downloadable content.
links that we provide
16. Our website may contain links to external sites which are not affiliated to us. We are not responsible for and have no control over these sites, and links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site's information, products or services.
website suspension etc.
17. While we try to make our website available 24 hours a day, we reserve the right to suspend or generally withdraw access without notice, to either the whole or part of our website, for any reason. We may withdraw content or any link from our website without notice for any reason.
suspending your account or limiting your access
18. We reserve the right to suspend or limit or revoke your access immediately upon notice from us.
governing law and Jurisdiction
19. These terms are governed by English law, and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
20. Unless otherwise expressly provided elsewhere, the terms and the terms of any consent that you give constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to your use of our website and the content it contains. The sale of goods or services offered on or through our website will be subject to an additional and separate contract.
21. If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.
22. No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
23. No benefits or rights are conferred on third parties other than our officers or staff for the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. We retain the right to amend or replace these terms without the consent of any other person(s).
24. Nothing on our website other than these terms and the terms of any consent that you give constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
25. We welcome comments on our website
search engine providers
We grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce content from our website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such content for residents of countries and territories that do not prohibit the use of such sites solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. We reserve the right to revoke this consent either generally or in specific instances.
If you have any queries relating to our tems & conditions please contact us by email at email@example.com